Mobile One Case Studies
Don’t take our word for it…. read through actual case studies and see
how our solutions have impacted our client’s services and bottom line.
In 2012, Mobile One Courier was approached by a prominent health care provider that specializes in Home Infusion therapy for patients. They were searching for ways to reduce delivery costs, optimize their intake and mixing room procedures, and minimize their exposure to risk and liability caused by errors in the delivery process. At the time, this pharmacy employed its own drivers and owned an aging fleet of vehicles. In Discovery, we found the following challenges:
- Lacked systems to manage the delivery and routing of orders to patients
- Spent an inordinate amount of time fulfilling orders based on priorities causing delays getting the product out with drivers waiting around
- With the fleet of vehicles, they spent a lot of administrative time managing the maintenance
- Incurred high labor costs with out of control over time
- Orders were often late
- Medications and supplies were incomplete orders arriving to patients
SolutionUpon examining the historical delivery data provided by the client, MobileOne placed a member of their leadership team on site at the infusion pharmacy for three days. During this time, the employee conducted a thorough review of the daily practices and routines. They accompanied the company’s drivers on deliveries, sat in the intake department and shadowed the delivery coordinator. When the review period concluded, they compiled an analysis for review with the branch management team and the Vice President of Procurement.
The solution after our analysis was:
- Created a web based tracking application that helped with the communication between departments including
- Pharmacy technicians fulfilling orders based on priorities
- Daily order flow and routing
- Document management of status of returned signed paperwork for health insurance billing
- Created a customized cost metrics weekly report detailing what was driving the costs and how to impact cost reductions based on planning
- Reduced employee labor cost and lowered the deliver cost by outsourcing the delivery
- Create strategic deliver zones and pick up times based on trends
- Structured delivery windows to optimize the delivery density
- Created an outbound audit process to validate correct items per order
- Eliminated clients fleet of owned vehicles
- Exceed goals on pricing reduction—They had an initial goal of 21%cost reduction; they achieved a 58% cost reduction through the implementation of Mobile One’s recommendations.
- Increased stops per hour from 1.5 on average to an average 3.25 per hour
- Reduced re-deliveries by 75% (related to patients not home or missing items)
A specialty pharmacy approached us for a delivery solution. At the time, they were faced with hundreds of thousands of dollars of write offs because medications were being lost or no longer viable based on time or temperature when using a traditional ground carrier. The primary causes of these issues were:
- Because of the value of the shipments being $2,000 to $30,000, it was too expensive to ensure the package with traditional ground carriers.
- The ground carriers were unable to return the medications back in a timely manner when they were temperature controlled.
SolutionBased on the scope of the work and the critical nature of the medications being transported, we built a cost-effective delivery solution for the pharmacy with the goal of offering:
The solution after our analysis was:
- Delivery accuracy of 100%
On-site support through a coordinator
- On Site Monday—Friday
- Coordinator verifies packages
- Coordinator assigns packages to drivers and oversees chain of custody scanning
- Answers questions for the drivers and the pharmacy staff
- A custom insurance plan to protect against loss.
- An annual, client specific certification course
- All drivers and staff must complete the course before they can handle deliveries for this client
- Certification includes:
- Study material
- Written Test
- Ongoing Compliance Audits
- Required in-service training onsite at the client’s location, where they interact with the pharmacy team and talk about challenges, ideas and solutions.
- We’ve maintained a 99.99% accuracy record while delivering over 25,000 medications per year.
- We managed to keep delivery costs low while finding new ways to serve the client, including expanding into new service areas.
- In 2019 we introduced custom alerts that the pharmacy’s customers receive when their delivery is on its way.
- We’ve minimized delivery errors by implementing geo-fencing for our drivers that alerts them if they’re at the wrong location.
Global Ground Carrier
In 2020 we were approached by a global parcel delivery company. The company was facing the following challenges:
- Capacity limitations leaving them unable to deliver packages in a timely manner.
- Heightened customer complaints and negative media coverage
- A backlog of packages at their sorting facility.
- Long lines of people waiting to retrieve their packages at the sorting facility.
- They needed an immediate, short term and low cost solution to help them “catch up” with their package volume.
SolutionWe performed a custom needs analysis with the client, then built an expedited but sustainable delivery solution. This involved meeting with the depot manager and other members of the leadership team, and establishing working relationships with them. We also had to comply with the insurance, DOT and vehicle requirements of the carrier. Because this was a developing and fluid situation, the operations team moved quickly to secure coverage for this client.
- Identifying the right drivers and the right vehicles.
- Compliance with Insurance requirements, DOT regulation and the internal regulations of the customers.
- Working with our fleet provider to secure vehicles quickly.
- The account manager was onsite each morning for the first week to coordinate the deliveries and build an Outbounding process “on the fly” while also securing additional coverage for this client.
- Over the course of 6 weeks, we provided weekday and weekend coverage for this customer in two markets.
- We provided error free delivery coverage with little to no training from the client.
- Our drivers were trained to use the clients’ handheld devices to provide more reliable package delivery tracking information.
- We provided up to 11 drivers and vehicles per day at the peak of the order volume.
- We provided weekend and holiday coverage with very little notice.
- They were caught up with their package deliveries within 6 weeks.
- We continue to be on standby for this customer to provide delivery support during. high volume periods.
FREE LOGISTICS ANALYSIS!
Rethink, restructure, tighten efficiency, expedite
deliveries, increase capacity... and save money.
1. Click the button at left and fill out our ”Free Analysis” form
2. Schedule a meeting with our experts at your convenience
3. Get a logistics solution customized to your needs