Mobile One Courier Blog
We strive to provide delivery and logistics industry insights with clear and concise analyses of
trends, technologies, and services.
6 Ways to Provide Solutions in Healthcare Logistics
The healthcare industry is under constant pressure. The challenges are varied. Some of the most pressing issues include cost, quality, and access.
Logistics is one area where the industry can save significantly. This should be done by streamlining processes and increasing efficiency. Providers can save money on transportation, warehousing, and other logistics-related expenses.
For a breakdown of the most common logistical solutions, keep reading.
1. Use AI and Advanced Data Analytics
In healthcare logistics, there are many ways to provide solutions. One way is to use AI and advanced data analytics. Organizations can make better decisions about where to deploy resources.
Here are several ways AI can be beneficial:
- Medical imaging
- By decreasing the cost of developing medicine
- Analyzing structured data
- Forecasting complex diseases
- Build novel platforms for discovering drugs
- Providing assistance to stressed teams like those in Emergency Care
- Furthering and assisting groundbreaking cancer research
- Collecting data for predictive statistical analysis
- Useful in researching genetics
- Can support equity in healthcare
As you can see, AI has important logistical applications. It should also help with predicting demand, forecasting inventory needs, and preventing stock-outs.
2. Identify Physician Preference Item (PPI) Savings Opportunities
Healthcare logistics is the process of moving medical supplies and equipment from one location to another.
- Distributions of items
Let’s look at physician preference item (PPI) savings opportunities.
Physician preference items are medical supplies and equipment that individual physicians prefer.
These items can be more expensive than other options. They may be necessary for a specific patient population. By identifying PPI savings opportunities, healthcare facilities stand to save a lot of money.
Another way to provide solutions in healthcare logistics is to improve the coordination of care. This can be done by:
- improving communication between healthcare providers
- facilitating the transfer of patient information
By improving the coordination of care, facilities can reduce the cost of care and improve care quality.
Healthcare logistics is a complex process, but there are many ways to provide solutions. Look at PPI savings opportunities if you want to cut costs while improving care.
3. Focus on Supply Standardization
Another key thing to focus on is supply standardization.
We want to:
- Create standards for items
- Maintain standards for items
- Easily identify items
- Replace items when needed with ease
This can help to improve the efficiency of the supply chain. Additionally, standardization can help to improve the quality of care. It ensures the right products are always available and that they are used in the correct way.
4. Implement Easy-to-Use Point-of-Care Technologies
Technology has been a boon for the healthcare industry, providing solutions to a number of logistical issues. We want to implement easy-to-use point-of-care technologies.
This will help to streamline operations and improve patient care.
Some ways to provide solutions in healthcare logistics with technology include:
- Integrating technology into the workflow to automate tasks
- Enhancing communication through technology
- Promoting patient engagement through tools that empower them to take control of their health
- Coordinating care
- Tracking outcomes
Easy-to-use point-of-care technologies can help improve the efficiency of healthcare logistics and promote better patient care.
Let’s take technological innovations in the courier industry, for example. This will feature:
- GPS tracking of your packages
- Bar code scanning for a true chain of custody
- Electronic signature capture
- Email notifications of the status of delivery
- Online portal to place and track deliveries
- Automated integration with your business applications
- Picture verifications for packages
5. Develop Efficient and Cost-effective Transportation and Distribution Systems
There are many ways to provide solutions in healthcare logistics. Primarily, we need to develop efficient and cost-effective transportation and distribution systems. One way is to improve coordination between different transportation and distribution systems. Another way is to optimize the use of resources within the healthcare system.
Professional healthcare transportation can feature:
- Direct drive service
- 90-minute service
- 2-hour courier service
- 4-hour service
Using a same-day delivery service with 24/7 onsite dispatch can make the transport process more efficient.
These are some of the most important aspects:
- Same Day Delivery
- Open 24 hours for all deliveries
- Fully insured
- Auto dispatch of GPS routes to drivers
- Email notification upon completed delivery
- Real-time Performance Tracking
- Reduce overhead expenses
- On-time pickup & delivery
- Order accuracy
Additionally, it is important to develop policies and procedures that improve the efficiency of distribution. We should be monitoring and evaluating the performance of all areas to identify where to improve.
6. Have an Enterprise-Wide View
To provide solutions in healthcare logistics, it is important to have an enterprise-wide view. This means looking at the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together.
It is also important to be able to see potential solutions from multiple perspectives and to be able to think outside the box. This means healthcare providers must communicate with all members of the healthcare team. In some cases, with the patients and their families as well.
Healthcare Logistics for Important Savings Solutions
Focusing on cost is one strategy to create solutions in healthcare logistics.
The healthcare business is always looking for ways to save money, and one area where considerable savings can be made is logistics.
The industry can save money by reducing operations overhead and enhancing efficiency.
Let us help you help others.
Our support is always:
- Randomly audited for our standards
- Certified for HIPAA, PHI, OSHA, and other medical certifications
- Professionally dressed in business attire
Contact us today to get in touch with our professionals familiar with healthcare workforce logistics.
10 Tips for Hiring a Medical Courier Service Today’s consumers want great service and they want it fast. As a result, courier services are in high demand. And this trend will only continue. Medical couriers…
7 Logistics Solutions for Your Healthcare Organization Did you know that 99% of hospitals and different health systems reported having issues with supply procurement around October of 2021? The main challenges healthcare organizations face with…
Open an Account with
Mobile One Courier &